Date: Wednesday 16th January
Cost: $35 (materials extra)
Time: 6.00pm. – 9.00pm
Create a cushion cover of your own design
We will look at construction techniques:
- Zipper Closures/Envelope Closures
- Look at Creative design ideas
Beginners/Return to Sewing Class – Make a wrap skirt
Date: Monday 7th, 14th and 21st January
Times: 6-8.30pm each week
Cost: $110 plus pattern and materials
Over 3 evenings – this class is designed for those just starting out. Using cotton fabric and simple skills. You will create a fully reversible skirt.
You will learn:
- How to purchase and download a PDF pattern. (Instructions for this is sent to you on the 5th January
- How to prepare your pattern and fabric for sewing.
- How to do basic sewing techniques.
You will be required to purchase the PDF pattern and your fabric/notions prior to the class starting.
Optional tutor supervised trip to the fabric store to complete fabric purchase prior to class on Saturday 5th January.
Registrations close 15th DecemberREGISTER NOW FOR THIS CLASS
Date: Wednesday 23rd January
Time: 6.30 – 9.30pm
- Identifying the parts of the overlocker
- Learn how to thread the overlocker
- How to adjust the tensions
- Understand differential feed
- How to sew a roll hem
- Troubleshooting common problems
- Explore different ways to sew using just your overlocker
- You bring your own overlocker and various types of fabric pieces to sew and sample.
Beginners Pattern Development Class Series
Dates: Saturday 12th January, 19th January, 26th January, 2nd February
This is for anyone who want to create garments using their own measurements. Those who always wanted to have a go at making patterns. For those who want to understand how patterns work and how to make simple changes to a pattern.
In the Class Series You will:
- Learn the basics of pattern making
- Create your own skirt and bodice blocks to your body measurements
- Explore how to create shape and basic designs.
- Get a full set of notes to keep. Samples of design development to keep.
- Participants must be 18 + years
- Have a basic understanding of garment construction
- Have basic sewing skills required for sewing up your blocks.
This class is over 4 weeks. A total of 12 hoursENQUIRE NOW FOR THIS CLASS