At Sew Know How we provide students with a positive and fulfilling experience in learning to sew and enabling them to be able to make clothes that are practical, useful, fashionable and fit well.
We teach kids from age 8 years through to adults.
Sew Know How provides a variety of classes and workshops to suit.
Sew Know How was born from my dream of being able to stay at home with my family while still earning an income. With over 30 years of sewing experience and a desire to continually learn and develop her craft, I love to share all I know.
Knowing that sewing is a never ending learning pathway there are many options for the student. My classes offer flexibility for each student. I will work with all levels and ideas. Each student is able to work on individual projects at their own pace and level.
My aim for you, the student to become an independent, confident sewer.
So book into a class now and LEARN TO SEW!GENERAL ENQUIRIES
Upon enrolling in any of Sew Know How Classes/Workshops, you are subject to the following Terms and Conditions
- “Due Date” means no later than the first scheduled Lesson to be attended by the Student in each Term.
- “Equipment” means anything used during any Lesson whether or not provided by the Student and/or SKH for the Students shared and/or exclusive use.
- “Fee” means prices ruling at the time of performance of the Lesson.
- “Lesson” means those lessons in the art of sewing as SKH shall from time to time offer.
- “Term” means that period or periods reflecting at SKH’s discretion one or more of the local schools school term time.
- In consideration of the Student agreeing to pay SKH the Fee SKH agrees to provide the Student with the Lesson.
- Fee Setting
- The Fee for the initial term will be the price specified above. Thereafter it may be varied at any time before the commencement of any other Term occurring thereafter on such notice as SKH shall at its sole discretion deem fit.
- Unless SKH has agreed to extend credit to the Student, payment of the Fee is to be made in full and without deduction in cash on or before Due Date. Payment by cheque or by any type of Bank Transfer will not be considered payment until the payment has been fully cleared through the banking system into SKH’s bank account.
- Where SKH has agreed to extend credit to the Student, payment is to be made within seven days of Due Date or (if agreed in writing by SKH) by the 20th of the month following the despatch of an invoice.
- If payment is not made in the terms hereof then:-
- The Student will pay on demand:
- A penalty at the rate of 20% per annum compounding monthly on the unpaid balance owing on the first day of each month until payment of all monies due hereunder is received by SKH in full.
- SKH legal fees (on a solicitor client basis) and all costs otherwise associated with the enforcement or attempted enforcement of SKH rights remedies and powers under these Conditions or otherwise at Law.
- SKH may at its option suspend provision of the Lessons to the Student until the Fee is paid in full.
- The Student will pay on demand:
- No position will be kept for any student Term to Term and positions will be offered on a first come first serve basis.
- No leave of absence will be granted.
- SKH reserves the right to at its sole absolute and uncontrolled discretion to exclude from any Lesson, suspend or terminate without right of refund of any whole or part Fee any Student who is in the opinion of SKH disruptive (which includes but is not restricted to any student who swears; blasphemes; is intoxicated, abusive, sick, uses a cell phone, is smelly and/or unhygienic; has long hair (unless tied back); uses any Equipment in a dangerous manner or for a purpose for which it was not intended; fails to follow reasonable instruction and/or smokes during any whole or part of any Lesson).
- Missed classes may only be caught up during the term in which they are missed. These can be arranged if a space comes available in another class by the absence of that student. Catch up lessons are a favour and not an obligation.
- Force Majeure
- SKH shall not be in breach of this agreement if any act or omission on its part which would except for the provisions hereof be a breach of this agreement, is caused by an act of God, fire, act of Government, war, ill health, civil commotion, insurrection, embargo, prevention from or hindrance in obtaining the raw materials, energy or other supplies, labour disputes, or any other reason whatsoever beyond the control of SKH (“Force Majeure”)
- In the eventuality of Force Majeure SKH may at its sole and unfettered discretion either refund the relevant portion of the Fee and/or offer make up classes.
- The Student specifically acknowledges the Students duties and obligations under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992 to identify and minimize all hazards which may exist and/or may arise in or about the Student whilst in transit to or from, or at, any premises where the Lessons are to be conducted. In any case where there is found to have been a breach of that Act and SKH has been penalised and/or suffered other loss as a consequence, the Student shall to the fullest extent permitted by law immediately compensate SKH therefore in full.
- General Conditions
- These Conditions shall not be modified or varied except by mutual agreement in writing.
- SKH’s failure to enforce any Condition in this agreement or to in any way exercise its rights under this agreement, will not be deemed to be a waiver of those rights with respect to any subsequent breach of any term or condition or right.
- If any clause or part of these Conditions shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for whatever reason, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect except to the extent that the parties shall adjust their respective rights and obligations in accordance with the spirit and intent of the parties as evidenced by these Conditions.
- SKH may use any personal information from time to time held by it for debt collections, administration and marketing purposes.
- Words importing the singular include the plural and words referring to persons include bodies corporate and unincorporate and in each case, the reverse.